Johanna Maier was born in Radstadt, Salzburg, in 1951. After her apprenticeship as chef/waitress she initially concentrated her energies in the service area. Following the death of her mother-inlaw (1984), Johanna Maier moved from service to the stove. Step by step she took up her life’s work and replaced the ample regional dishes with light, innovative and attractively arranged dishes. She drew knowledge and inspiration from top chefs such as dieter Müller in the “Schweizer Stuben” in Wertheim, Hans Haas in Munich, André Jaeger in Schaffhausen, Jean-Georges Vongerichten in New York and Gray Kunz in Hong Kong. She also cooked for Prince Montri of the royal house of Thailand. With iron discipline, a penchant for perfectionism, an inexhaustible wealth of ideas and extraordinary subtlety, Johanna Maier cooked her way into the elite domain of the international gourmet scene.
- Four chef’s toques in Gault Millau (she was the first female chef with four toques)
- Two stars in the Guide Michelin
- Trophée Gourmet for creative cooking
- Woman of the Year 2008
- S. Pellegrino – best rating for Austria
- Five Stars à la Carte
- Johannes has already gained lots of experience in gourmet restaurants abroad, like in London, Zürich, Valence and Hong Kong and is now working again together with his mother in the restaurant “Hubertus” in Filzmoos.
- “It is great good fortune that our children not only have the will but also the talent and gift to carry our work on into the furture. Life could give us no more beautiful present than that” rejoice Johanna and Dietmar Maier.
Restaurant : Hubertus Johanna Maier & Sohne